My Photog Blog List

GServo's Photography & Art

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My first portfolio bucket list Ver 1, looking for suggestions and ideas

20100112-PhotoFu0036

I'm Working on my first Portfolio. I figured it’s good to have a plan.This idea was Inspired by :: My Photography “Bucket List”by Darren Rowse

This is a list of photos I want to take to create my first portfolio. 



First off the ones I’m taking from Darren Rowse

A lone tree in a field – I’ve seen so many different versions of this photo that I like – ones with brilliant green fields surrounding the trees, ones with fields of wheat, ones that are black and white, and ones that are snow-covered. Now, if I could just find a field with one lone tree in it…Read more:


Long-exposure waterfall – The main thing that was holding me back from getting this photo was that I didn’t have a tripod. Now that I have one, the main thing that’s holding me back is being willing to set up the tripod when there’s always a large group of people trying to see the falls at the same time I am. I want a good view for my photo, but I always feel like setting up my tripod and getting a good shot is like telling everyone else that ventures down there “hey, my photograph is more important than you enjoying your visit.” Perhaps I need to figure out a time when my favorite falls near me aren’t very crowded!Read more:


Ok onto my stuff which more consist of 3-7 image Sets than particular picture, to be made into a portfolio

The freshly poured lone Stout or Porter on a bar – Something I always like to see, especially when I get in to the bar and there are Few people there.

Bartender Pouring a beer from the tap- who does not like to see their beer poured
Shots at a Beer Festival – I like to go to beer festivals, I’ve never been able to get a good shot, I have the right camera now. Beer Festivals are great events to get group shots, beer shots, glass shots etc. Some even have good food. From the trip there to the trip home lots of opportunities. A Beer Festival is an organised event during which a variety of beers (and often other alcoholic drinks) are available for tasting and purchase

Food shot at a pub – Nothing like a good lunch at a pub, I want to capture that moment. A few different meals at a few different places.

CosPlayers- I love Anime and there are people who love it a LOT more. Pictures of Cosplayers are some of the best portraits you an ever get because they can be so colorful. CosPlay is short for "costume play",[1] is a type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Characters are often drawn from popular fiction in Japan. Favorite sources include manga, anime, tokusatsu, comic books, graphic novels, video games, hentai and fantasy movies.

A NYCC Photo Essay - The New York Comic Con is an annual New York City fan convention dedicated to comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television. It is a very colorful event great sites , good times.

At the Coffee House – It’s the appropriate thing to do. Proper Coffee Houses shares some of the characteristics of a bar, and some of the characteristics of a restaurant, which tend to be unique atmospheres. From a cultural standpoint, coffeehouses largely serve as centers of social interaction, which can lead to intimate pictures

Vintage Coffee and Beer Stuff- Something else I find interesting

Trains – Me and my son like trains, it’s a must

No comments: