My Photog Blog List

GServo's Photography & Art

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Planning The Photo Saunter of Blue contemplation, I need a proper day with my Camera


First of all does anyone have anything suggestions on where I should travel to to take pictures in NJ/NY area, let me know.

After I received my new Camera, Nikon D90 aka Cambot MK3, I wanted to go on a crazy photo walk, by myself. I wanted to do this to get to know my camera better, play with exposure settings different angles etc and take a crazy amount of pictures in new places, but Things kept getting in the way. In January I finally get to do this. I am calling it the "The Photo Saunter of Blue Contemplation"

Updates -So far the points of interest consist of
Long Branch NJ, live in NJ all my life and I have never been here. For beaches I have usually gone all south of Blemar NJ , I need winter beach shots. When I'm done at the Jersey shore I will venture to a spot for lunch, something involving Craft Beer. Slow it down some, contemplate the composition of a good beer image and make an attempt .

After that, and due to the weather, I am probably going to go to Manhattan. It’s really easy to stay warm in Manhattan, New York. I am going to start off at south street sea port I think. Then work my way up town to Central park. And from there I will play it by ear. I will basically drift afer I hit those two points.

It shall an epic EXP (experience point) grind, a chance to disconnect and learn, really learn more about Cambot MK3.You'll probably find me drifting through the New Jersey shore, holding my 28-80 mm lens toward the horizon of the ocean. I will also lug my tripod with me that day ,my 70-300 lens and maybe18-105.  Occasionally referring to my cheat sheets to find out what else I could do.

The whole purpose of the day is to fine tune my image making skill, well the stuff I have learned so far anyway.

Goals for The Photo Saunter of Blue contemplation

--Purely shooting in Manual mode,

--Beach shots, I love the water , with the 70-300

--Beer shots

--Coffee Shots

--Something with a Wabi Sabi vibe (beauty in imperfection and profundity in nature)

--No Driving, all NJ Transit

--Have fun

No comments: