My Photog Blog List

GServo's Photography & Art

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feeling Prime, DX 35mm f/1.8 Prime lens that is.

I am thinking of just using my prime lens this week. I’ve been using my 28-8o mostly, that’s become my every day lens. I have used my 70-300 a little recently. I think it’s time to pull out the prime Its not been used a lot lately. I like it for working on composition. With it I have ton of ’depth of field’ at my disposal . I usually use this lens for coffee shops, pubs, etc etc, because it’s so great at low light shots.


“In the end, what this all boils down to is this; Prime lenses force you to compose better photos. You can’t just zoom in and out from the safety of your own home. You have to move closer to your subject and get down on your knees or climb a fence, jump up and down while patting your head and rubbing you tummy to get that shot.”

20100215-PhotoFu0047
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 35 mm
ISO Speed: 160

No comments: