My Photog Blog List

GServo's Photography & Art

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Poem: "If What You're Waiting For Is Christmas,"


20091217-DSC_0038, originally uploaded by gservo.

by David Devine, from The Light of the Morning: Light Rhymes for Hard Times.

If What You're Waiting for is Christmas

If what you're waiting for is Christmas
You don't need me to tell you so
If you've been looking for somebody
You might not have that far to go

See how the candle dances
With all the shadows on the wall
If what you're waiting for is Christmas
It might be coming after all

Sometimes I feel so tired
Sometimes I feel so blue
I'm just going thru the motions
Of almost anything I do

But guess I'm getting better
Even I'm a bit surprised
When I see my own reflection
In a dark haired angel's eyes

Maybe all that really matters
Try to feel the mystery
Found in people left abandoned
Burning, blooming poetry

If for miracles you hunger
You might see a few come true
If what you're waiting for is Christmas
It might be waiting there for you.

No comments: