My Photog Blog List

GServo's Photography & Art

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quest for the Secondary Camera bag


20091122-DSC_0082, originally uploaded by gservo.
On 11-22-09, I Went to NYC for a quick photo walk and a crumpler dslr bag. I came home with pictures.

I was at the Crumpler (www.crumplerbags.com) store to look at the $8 million home. On the website it looked grea,t but, for various reasons, I could not get comfortable with the bag. What I want/need in a camera bag is ease of access and for the bag not to be in the way. Something I already have with my Crumpler Customary Barge backpack.

I tried out the $8million home bag. It was great but I found it clunky. It's a big side strap bag that fits a lot of camera gear. The issue is I would use it As I use my backpack. In the presence of the bag I realized that it was redundant, overkill even. At that point I realized I needed something much more simple.

I began to look at the smaller offerings like the $5 million Home and the 4 but I could not achieve any level of comfort with them. They had this Purse vibe and I felt my wife would take the bag from me. Also I could not justify the cost if I were not completely comfortable with the bag.

What I need and want is a camera bag just for for quick photo shoots when I am driving in the car so I ended up buying a Navy Blue Lowepro Nova 1 AW Digital 35mm SLR Shoulder Camera Bag. By its description and picture, it fit all my needs, and if I am uncomfortable with it, well it only cost me $17(it was a hell of a sale) and it works for quick rides in the car, no matter what.

Its about the functionality in the end.

No comments: